Puerto Galera is among the most popular weekend destinations for weekend warriors from Metro Manila. After being closed to tourists because of the pandemic, this beach paradise is finally open to leisure travelers again, provided that they submit the requirements and follow the health and safety protocols in place. This is a part of the efforts to revive the local tourism.
If you’re considering a trip to Puerto Galera, you must have an S-pass account. In this post are more details about what you should do before you visit and the requirements that you need to prepare.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
First, you need to register with S-Pass. To sign up, go to s-pass.ph and click REGISTER. Upload your travel requirements prior to your travel to get a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). To get one, here are the requirements:
- Valid ID. A photo of your ID must be uploaded.
- Vaccination Card, for fully vaccinated individuals. You are considered fully-vaccinated if it has been 2 weeks since your final dose of the vaccine.
- Negative antigen test result, for partially vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. This must be taken 24 hours prior to your travel date. Children 2 years old and below are not required to have a negative antigen test result.
- Confirmed Hotel Booking. For the list of DOT accredited accommodations, you may check the list below.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to get a Travel Coordination Permit (TCP).
- Log in to your S-Pass Account. On the next page, click APPLY PERMIT.
- Enter your current location and your destination. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and click APPLY FOR TRAVEL COORDINATION PERMIT (TCP).
- Fill out the Travel Coordination Permit Application. First, select what type of traveler you are. Then, enter your travel details including your date of arrival and departure, address of your origin, address of your destination, and mode of transportation. Once the details are complete, click PROCEED.
- Upload the required documents: photo of your valid ID, vaccination card or negative antigen test result taken 24 hours prior to your travel date, and confirmed hotel booking. After all the documents have been uploaded, click SUBMIT.
- Wait for the LGU action for your application. You may check the status of your TCP application on the Travel Permits tab on the S-Pass website.
You must book an accommodation prior to your visit. Here’s a list of resorts that have been accredited by the DOT as of October 31. This list does not include Mabuhay accommodations.
Are children/minors allowed to visit?
Yes, but take note of the following:
For unvaccinated minors aged 3-17, a negative antigen test result conducted within 24 hours before the travel date must be submitted.
For minors aged 2 and below, antigen test is not required.
Once you’re in transit and you arrive in Puerto Galera, always follow all the health and safety protocols:
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands with alcohol or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Observe proper physical distancing.