It’s been a year of change for Cephas Hour. Its ninth year of bringing the best Christian rock and pop from then and now to its listeners started with it unceremoniously booted from the Internet radio station where it had been housed from the beginning. Undaunted, albeit somewhat miffed, I moved the show to a podcast-only format and carried on.
Actually, being cut loose from the radio station has been a blessing. No longer worried about either trying to maintain show length at strictly an hour or feeling pressured to play all ‘80s all the time, I’ve stretched out and embraced a small but growing list of new artists creating music and sharing ministry far above the usual formulaic praise and worship schlock currently permeating Christian music. This has been done without slighting the artists and music from the ‘70s, ‘80s, and early to mid-‘90s that has provided so much of the soundtrack to our lives. I cherish the friendships made along the way with artists new and classic, and I pledge to carry on as long as I can. Which hopefully will be at least a couple more decades.
And so, I’m wrapping up year nine of Cephas Hour with its first-ever year in review edition. Which I couldn’t do before, because had I done so, I would have had to have invented a time machine and gone back to 1987. Anyway, all music in this show was released (or at least released to radio) this year. Artists:
• 7&7iS (https://mezzomusicltd.com/store)
• Backstage Revival (https://www.backstagerevival.com/)
• Bringing Home (https://www.bringinghomemusic.com/)
• Gold Frankincense & Myrrh (https://www.thegfmband.com/)
• Rachel Wilhelm (https://www.rachelwilhelm.com/)
• Shelly Moore (https://www.facebook.com/shellymooremusic)
• Soulbreather (https://www.soulbreather.com/)
• Terry Scott Taylor (https://www.patreon.com/terryscotttaylor)
• The Choir (https://thechoir.net/)
• Vector (https://mezzomusicltd.com/)
You can listen to the show on-demand at https://cephashour.com/2021/12/31/cephas-hour-episode-forty-one-release-date-december-31-2021/. The podcast is also available through the following services:
iHeart Radio: https://iheart.com/podcast/81284016/
Thanks everyone. Here’s to more music that matters in 2022!